You’ve met these people. You know the ones, confident, poised, command an audience, have the “it” factor. They are put together, interesting, the whole package. What it is about them? One word, charisma. The ability to connect with people on several levels; physically, intellectually and emotionally.
It’s all about the personality. A little of this and a lot of that. Here are 7 qualities of charming (charismatic) people.
1. They carry themselves well- Whether or not you know it, you unconsciously send out signals to others. Do you look people in the eyes or do you look down at your shoes? Do you smile naturally or keep a straight face? Maybe you slump your shoulders or are they assertively pushed back. All of this shapes your image.
2. They are persuasive-people understand your message because charismatic people can break down complex ideas into simples messages.
3. They are smooth talkers-If you have a million ideas but cannot articulate them, where does that get you? These people have the ability to speak well and communicate.
4. They are good listeners-Listening is the key to communicating and making others feel special.
5. They are aware of space and time-Territories can make or break a relationship.
6. They easily adapt to others-Understanding other people’s personalities and building a rapport by altering your own behavior to increase compatibility.
7. They have great ideas-It doesn’t matter how well you connect with others, if you have nothing to say, then you’re just an empty suit.
When you come out to Seaglass Salvage Market this weekend, see how many of our vendors have the “it” factor. Most all of them are happy to share their great ideas, they can articulate their products, they are good listeners, present themselves well and have built a great rapport with many of their returning clients. So, I would have to give our vendors and the entire Seaglass Salvage Market team an A+ for charismatic abilities.
See you this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Girls at Seaglass Salvage Market
And like I’ve said before…the secret is out, so don’t be late!